Friday 7 June 2013

How To Make Customers “Love” Your Marketing To Bits



Rule #5 – Put your best foot forward

Make sure all of your products and services are up to the standard. Don’t cut  corners or skimp on quality just because you want to make a quick buck. Cutting corners doesn’t work in the long run. 

For each new product I come up with, I insist that it’s of the highest quality possible. In fact, I’m almost a perfectionist. That’s necessary because paying customers want and deserve nothing but the best. 

Before I publish any of my ideas or techniques in print, I always insist on trying them out on myself first. Unless they work, they don’t make the cut. You should do the same for your business – If you were selling to a friend, would you be providing the same kind of quality? 

This point may be obvious, but many companies miss it. It disappoints me time and time again to see products fraught with flaws being released to the market. Recently I bought an MP3 player that had glitches all over the place. It makes people wonder why the manufacturer didn’t bother to iron out all these glitches before releasing it to the marketplace.
 

Then I bought an Apple iPod, supposedly the “king” of MP3 players. It worked wonderfully and even as a picky user… there was not a single bad thing I could say about it. Everything is perfect, and that’s probably why they reign over such a large section of the market. 

In fact, I was so impressed with the design of the $300 Apple iPod that I bought myself one of their Mac computers. It was free advertising and a successful upselling for them. By gaining my trust once, they’ve gotten themselves a lifetime customers who’s willing to keep spending money for their services. 

Isn’t this more worth your while than making a quick buck? 

Rule #6 – Sweat the small stuff

Most people will tell you NOT to sweat the small stuff. They’ll say, “Why bother?” and then go on to produce cheaply packaged products. 

But the simple truth is – For just a little more money, you can actually produce astonishing results that will impress your customers way beyond what you can imagine. 

Back to the Apple iPod example which I talked about earlier. When I bought the iPod, I was surprised that every single step along the way – From purchasing it at the store, opening the box, unwrapping the unit to finally using it was an immense joy. There is nothing I can use to describe the kind of delight I felt when I realized every single item in the box had been wrapped and packaged so nicely.

It made me feel good, and I didn’t mind paying more. 

Contrast this to buying an item that has no box, a poorly written manual or shoddy packaging. This product may be more significant in value, but the “Tiffany effect” dictates that people will value the product based on its packaging. 

How does this relate to you if you’re selling information products? 

Write your sales letters well, and make each step of the ordering process enjoyable. Typeset your products properly, and ship them in the best possible “packaging”. Don’t overlook this fact, people want the best bang for their buck… and won’t mind paying a bit more for something that looks much better. 


No comments :

Post a Comment